Regulatory & Compliance
- Banking and Professionals of the Financial Sector Services
- Payement and e-money institutions
- Applying for a banking licence
Tel: +352 49 48 48 2111
Risk and complexity are inherent elements of our business environment. They can be found in new technologies, cyber threats, regulatory requirements and changes in accounting and tax rules. Risk is by far the greater threat, as it can easily spread over the globe undetected and has a much larger and far-reaching impact.
Our experienced risk management professionals can help you develop best practice governance, policies, systems, processes and methodologies to identify, measure, manage, reduce and report any risk that your institution is facing or might face in the future.
Our risk management services can support a wide range of financial institutions, including credit institutions, payment institutions/electronic money institutions, asset managers and insurance companies.
- Credit institutions of all sizes, including Systematically Important Institutions (O-SIBS and G-SIBS) and directly supervised institutions, located in Luxembourg and other EU countries and covering the following activities:
- Retail banking
- Corporate banking
- Private banking
- Investment banking
- Custodian and asset services/management
- Credit card services
- Professionals of the financial sector (PSF) such as investment advisers and private portfolio managers
- Payment institutions/electronic money institutions in Luxembourg
- Financial Risk
- Non-Financial Risk
- Regulatory Risk
- Risk Reporting
- Risk Management Framework
Tel: +352 49 48 48 2874
People & organisation
Digitalisation and new regulation push banks to adapt their HR organisation and philosophy to drive business transformation from the inside.
To attract and retain highly skilled people, you'll have to go through several stages, from auditing your current service to gathering the right resources to train your employees.
Your key challenges
- Designing an effective HR strategy aligned with your business strategy;
- Attracting and retaining top talent in a highly competitive market;
- Managing performance and aligning individual goals with your organisation’s objectives;
- Defining appropriate recognition and reward schemes to ensure maximum output;
- Assessing the required leadership competencies and skills within your organisation and bridging any gaps;
- Buildings and maintaining employee commitment;
- Defining suitable career development and management options for your organisation and employees;
- Making sure your compensation policies and practices are fully compliant with regulations;
- Implementing HR technology and information systems.
Our People & Organisation experts can help transform your employees into a sustainable source of competitive advantage.
As HR advisors, we bring the knowledge, skills and experience you need to change your HR function and move towards a real connection with your core business.
As we're part of the world’s foremost HR professional network, you can count on us for innovative solutions that have already proven their efficiency.
Tel: +352 49 48 48 2051
Tel: +352 49 48 48 2181
We help organisations close deals and create value through mergers, acquisitions, disposals and restructurings. We work with you to develop the right strategy before the deal, identify issues and points of negotiation during the deal and to make sure the changes will create value after the deal.
We make sure you extract and deliver deal value.
We deliver robust valuation opinions to help you you take better decisions.
We provide you with expert reviews of financial information and deal support.
We support and advise you for better business decisions.
Tel: +352 49 48 48 2132
Governance / Internal Audit
Your organisation has a unique combination of strategy, goals, markets, operations and people. Therefore the assurance you need to obtain through your internal audit function will also be unique.
How you work with our internal audit experts it’s entirely your choice. You can either outsource your internal audit function or set-up a collaboration between your internal audit team and our experts. We’ll make sure every hour we spend with you has impact, addresses the right risks, unlocks opportunities and seeks to add maximum value to your organisation.
Tel: +352 49 48 48 2017
Internal control framework
Regulatory standards, comprehensive risk identification and quantification, risks calculation methods, risk mitigation measures, action plans and documentation for assessments - here are just some of the elements to take into account when it comes to broad risk management.
We help you cover several areas, like transfer agent, fund accounting and custodian bank, as well as capital management companies, to analyse and optimise your processes. Our people's expertise goes from risk management through Outsourcing-Controlling (including cross-border issues) to aspects of the internal control system.
We do inspection reports according to ISAE 3402 or similar standards and guidelines. We help you identify weaknesses, improve the control environment and thus reduce the risk for all parties involved in the investment process, including the investor.
Our experts support you in the implementation of an efficient risk management approach for supervisory standards, in which the transition to the compliance function and the entire control landscape is seamless.
Tel: +352 49 48 48 5687
The technology revolution has been accelerating in the past two decades and financial institutions can no longer avoid it. Banks will eventually have to embrace new technologies and use digital tools to be where their customers are and discover their unmet needs.
Your key challenges:
Our team helps you figure out, develop, enhance and transform how your IT tools work, as well as provide your customers with the most secured and efficient services.
Tel: +352 49 48 48 2269
Tel: +352 49 48 48 2367
Tel: +352 49 48 48 3533
Banks are facing challenging times these days. They have to monitor, assess and implement a permanent flow of new regulation, while digitalisation is changing customer behaviour. In addition, while innovation driven by FinTech companies offers new ways to operate, it also opens the field to new competition. All these entail a permanent change in operations, organisation and business models of banks operating in Luxembourg.
Our team of experienced banking consultants will help you to master these challenges:
- We assist you in the implementation of new regulation and help you to manage the impact on your operation.
- We help you define new operating models to accommodate new requirements driven by your customers or to cope with increasing cost pressure demanding for new and more efficient ways to run the business.
- We help you review your business model and your strategic positioning towards your market and towards your Group.
- We assist you in large transformation and change projects through professional project and programme management.
- Strategy consulting
- Operational / performance improvement
- Organisation transformation
- Implementation of new regulations
Tel: +352 49 48 48 4131
AML & Financial crime
Financial crime is an increasing concern for all financial institutions, from the largest and internationally active global financial institutions to local banks. Preventing and detecting financial crimes is to become one of their biggest challenges, the impact of which extends well beyond monetary losses to reputation and brand, employee morale, business relations, as well as regulatory sanctions.
Regulators and law enforcement agencies are focused on ensuring that financial institutions are in compliance with increasingly complex regulatory requirements in the context of financial crime prevention.
Our areas of particular expertise include AML/KYC, fraud, economic sanctions (e.g. OFAC) and cybercrime, as well as anti-bribery and corruption, as well as all aspects of transaction surveillance and monitoring. We work with you to come up with innovative and advanced solutions for responding to Financial Crime incidents, remediating past deficiencies, developing enhanced operating models, and optimising transaction monitoring systems.
- Financial Crime
- Economic Crime Survey Luxembourg 2016
- Global Economic Crime Survey - FS supplement 2016
- AML and CTF
- KYC Quick Reference Guide: Understanding global KYC differences - A quick and easy access to key AML and KYC information of 92 countries
- Publication of the 4th anti-money laundering directive: European Union adopts stronger framework to combat money laundering and terrorism financing
- Tax Information Reporting
Tel: +352 49 48 48 2451
Tel: +352 49 48 48 4153