What is the plan if someone infected or exposed to the virus comes to the office?
Should you activate your Business Recovery Center in a quarantine context?
Have you limited/stopped staff and clients events?
Are you carrying out training or information sessions to educate your team?
Have you implemented additional sanitary or health measures in your premises?
Do you have a crisis communication plan to notify stakeholders on the latest developments?
Have you hired a specialised disinfection company to clean up your building?
Have you placed hydroalcoholic gel in all key areas of your buildings (e.g. main entrances, stairs, toilettes)?
Do you have paper towels in restrooms?
Is there a procedure for employees to declare professional and private travels?
Have you set up an information mechanism for your team to keep up to date on the latest developments of the outbreak, for instance, the list of countries considered as risky?
Are you monitoring travels in affected countries?
Have you defined procedures of guidance before, during and after a trip?
Remote working solutions
Are IT systems ready to handle a large amount of remote connections (i.e. VPN, Citrix)?
Do your employees know how to remotely connect flawlessly and the IT Security rules when teleworking?
Are key software applications available remotely?
Are your Business Continuity Planning (BCP) / Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP) up to date?
How do you count a day at home?
Where will the individual working at home be subject to social security (25% rule)?
How to organise administrative obligations (e.g. A1)?
What's the consequence of moving social security systems (cost benefits administration)?
Are there social security planning opportunities?
- How do you count a day at home?
- When doing remote work, have you defined:
- How is income tax reported and paid?
- What relief, if any, is there for double taxation?
- Do employees need to complete any personal tax registrations?
- How to report Luxembourg source income/benefits in the country of residence?
Consider these questions when implementing the quarantine,
- Have you given clear instructions to your employees on what they should do if:
- they have travelled and just come back from an infected area;
- their family/friends from an infected area are visiting (or returning back from a trip) them;
- their partner is placed in quarantine;
- they have planned a trip for professional/personal purposes in an area which is now infected;
- they feel sick (cough, fever, breathing troubles…).
- Do you have a specific plan for vulnerable/sensitive persons (e.g. pregnancy, intensive care, …)?
- If your employee has been in close contact with an infected person:
- What is the mechanism to declare it?
- Contact with Social and Tax authorities.