Accounting and compliance services
Real-estate players are facing increasing demands for accounting, reporting and consolidation services across many jurisdictions. They are looking to gain efficiency in operations and back-office functions.
Our experienced team will provide you with full accounting services, regulatory reporting and consolidation services. They will be your one-stop shop for all services covering all countries in which you operate, ensuring quality and competence through leading technologies.
- Wide range of clients (including sovereign wealth funds and pension funds);
- Multiple accounting frameworks (IFRS, US GAAP, EU GAAPs, INREV);
- Global coordination for SPV accounting;
- Flexibility: we can work either on your systems or ours.
Vincent Deroanne - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 3290
Pierre Donis - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 5115
Lauren Williams - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 5387
Collecting and processing data has got more challenging than ever before. With the entry into force of the new GDPR, real estate players must review the way they treat the data collected from investors, fund managers and intermediaries. At PwC Luxembourg, our dedicated team of GDPR experts can help you understanding exactly what is GDPR, how it affects your business and what you need to do in order to be compliant and to avoid data breach.
Frederic Vonner - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 4173
Gabriela Gheorghe - Manager
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 3845
Fintech has a growing influence on financial services. With the continuous emergence of new technologies, real-estate experts need to adapt - and fast.
Data, 3D, blockchain, transparency, security and flexibility are - and will continue to be - your main concerns. You must be up to date - and prove that you are to your clients - while regarding digital as an integral part of your business strategy.
If you're interested in understanding how technology is driving innovation and disrupting real estate, we invite your leadership team to attend an intensive half-day session with our Digital and Real Estate leaders. Your outcome and benefits will be a prioritised set of appropriate practical ideas to start innovating and enabling you to become the best in class in real estate.
Patrice Witz - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 3533
Kees Hage - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 2059
Global Fund Distribution and Due Diligence services
When distributing your Real Estate funds on a cross-border basis, you might need to consider:
- Are the funds duly registered in the target host countries under the appropriate notification method? Or do they follow the applicable local national private placement rules?
- Are all the annual reporting and filing requirements to these host regulators duly met, in order to maintain such registration status?
- Do the marketing materials used to promote the Real Estate funds - factsheets, roadshow materials, websites, etc. - meet all applicable national rules?
- Is initial and ongoing due diligence being performed on the distributors activities? And who is monitoring my administrators, my transfer agents?
The PwC Luxembourg Global Fund Distribution practice can become your single point of contact for fund distribution - from compliance with local rules for selling and marketing your funds and ongoing adherence to regulations in an ever evolving environment, to due diligence of third parties, and development of an appropriate strategy for expanding into new markets.
Robert James Glover - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 4457
Christophe Saint-Mard - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 2134
Aurelie Lefrancois - Director
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 2421
Integrated occupier solutions
Facility management can become a significant investment for a company if you are not organised and informed enough.
Our experienced Occupier Services team can share with you their best practices, as we are one of the largest occupiers in the Luxembourg market. You will benefit from what they have learned from operating PwC's own premises, and they will help you find the best real-estate solutions in this evolving environment, as well as optimising the technical and financial aspects of your facility-management processes.
They will guide you through all the steps, from defining the real-estate strategy, to selecting your premises and fitting it out, all the way through to using the facility.
Patrice Waltzing - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 5424
Pierre Wauthier - Director
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 4506
Dominique Laurent - Director
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 5464
To remain competitive, groups often decide to restructure and this could include liquidating some entities. At PwC Luxembourg, we are ready to assist you throughout the process, including the provision of a liquidator mandate. We can also help you find the easiest and most optimal way to liquidate any Luxembourg company including, when this is possible, the simplified liquidation process.
Jean-Yves Lhommel - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 5424
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 2126
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 3162
Real estate is a long-term investment and requires the consideration of economic data and forecasts to ensure that yield will be achieved over the investment period. Competition for prime assets continues to increase and location, together with the impact of megatrends such as urbanisation, is becoming important for identifying value and market opportunities. Furthermore, managers require insights in areas such as investors’ behavioural trends towards allocation in real estate, and changing operating models towards insourcing.
Our Market Research Centre is made up of analysts, experts and economists who are experienced in helping market players make decisions. They will provide you with insights on current marketplace opportunities and trends and assist you by forecasting future scenarios and removing any unpredictability.
- Forecast of the development of real assets markets by 2025;
- Market-entry studies;
- Global FinTech Report 2017, assessing the continued rise of new business models and emerging technologies in the financial services sector;
- Asset and Wealth Management Revolution: embracing exponential change, considering changes in the AM industry landscape over the coming years;
- Global Pension Funds, best practices in the pension-fund investment process in allocating to alternatives, such as private equity, real estate, infrastructure and hedge funds;
- Forecast on the demand for office space for an independent real-estate development company;
- BIL IMMO index, an indicator tracking the development of the housing market.
Dariush Yazdani - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 2191
Gregory Weber - Director
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 6175
Xavier Domalain - Manager
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 6057
Real-estate players need to cope with critical risk management. Risk exposures develop and change rapidly. Real-estate players also face pressure from regulators and investors and the need to produce proper reporting.
Our team of experienced risk management professionals can help you set up your risk-monitoring framework by defining the key risk indicators. They will use appropriate methodologies and our dedicated technology and tools, while also supporting your team with best practices during reporting, and last but not least, by preparing risk reports using our web-based solutions, which are flexible and tailored to your needs.
- We have helped over 30 real-estate asset managers, from reviewing risk-management processes to fully implementing risk-management procedures;
- We provide ongoing risk monitoring and implementation for major real-estate players, including UK, German and Swedish asset managers.
Benjamin Gauthier - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 5137
Laurent Gijbels - Director
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 2288
Real-estate players are facing increasing pressure from investors and stakeholders for transparency on how they deal with environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks, as well for green building certifications.
Our team of experts will support you in defining your ESG strategy, formalising it into a policy and deploying this policy across every aspect of your business. When reporting, they will seek third-party assurance for you. They will support real-estate players with ESG reporting and participation in industry initiatives such as the GRESB Assessment. Our team also comprises accredited professionals for the most commonly recognised certification schemes, namely BREEAM, LEED, DGNB and HQE.
Our engineers and technicians, who have a strong background in the energy efficiency of buildings and an excellent knowledge of the real-estate industry, can deliver a wide range of services for clients willing to engage in a Green Building certification scheme, and can assist building owners and developers in obtaining certification from the different bodies and offer complementary services associated with the Green Building certification process.
- >55 certification projects completed in Luxembourg and abroad;
- Approx. 325,000 m² of office space certified by PwC;
- World’s first triple certification (BREEAM - DGNB - HQE);
- Main clients: EU institutions, EIB.
- Green Building Certification
- Legal, Compliance and Environmental Permits
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Strategy in Real Estate
Pierre Wauthier - Director
Tel.: +352 494848 4506
Yapo Marius Bessekon - Senior Manager
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 5115
Real-estate players may need assistance in buying assets or properties, selling or restructuring a portfolio, or merging, diversifying or restructuring part of a group.
Our team of experts helps organisations execute successful deals and create value through mergers, acquisitions, disposals and restructuring. We work with you to develop the right strategy before the deal, identifying issues, points of negotiation and value.
- Wide range of clients, especially family offices, pension funds, insurance companies, banks and sovereign investment funds;
- Local and cross-border experience with local players investing in Luxembourg, inbound investments from foreigners and outbound investments from holding structures in Luxembourg.
Jean-François Kroonen - Partner
T: +352 49 48 48 2149
Grégoire Huret - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 2132
Matt Moran - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 2071
Beril Erman - Director
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 4332
We are facing a new era of low interest rates and the search for yield has created an increasingly competitive environment. Assets with long-term secured yields have become scarce due to the lack of supply. Identifying suitable targets in good time has become a paramount challenge for portfolio managers. In addition, increased interest in secondary markets and the emergence of alternative asset classes in the last few years provide new opportunities.
In order to navigate the changing landscape of real estate and to support you along the full life cycle of an asset, our Real Estate Valuation practice will share with you its up-to-date and accurate view on the market thanks to its comprehensive set of data and market insights.
- Over 1,000 international real-estate valuations reviewed annually;
- Access to extensive market data: historical market-data sources from all real-estate sectors, as well as European market data focused on regional dynamics such as performance, historical trends and risk factors.
John Ravoisin - Partner
Tel.: +352 49 48 48 5456