Press Release, 21 June 2018
Global business leaders all have a common goal on their agenda: improving cyber and privacy risk management. This is a challenge that is not going away any time soon. The need to manage risks, the rise of IoT, the emergence of new technologies, data privacy, cyber threats and the role that employees play in cybersecurity are the four main takeaways from PwC’s Global State of Information Security® Survey 2018. Leaders need to tackle these growing problems together, amongst others, to best guide their organisations through resilience building in order to sustain operations and boost economic performance.
Vincent Villers, Partner and Cybersecurity Leader at PwC Luxembourg said: “Addressing major cybersecurity c oncerns fits with PwC’s desire to solve local and global problems. We are looking to attract companies with unique solutions that address major cybersecurity concerns in the current context using the latest technologies. The pitch process itself will be very exciting as all of the solutions will be challenged in front of a live audience and additionally the companies will have to prove that they can also execute. Ultimately, we are offering the chance for these companies to change the course of technological development and create long-term solutions for these challenges.”
PwC Luxembourg is today launching a Pan European call for the best and most relevant cybersecurity solutions. Companies pitching their business cases gain credibility with international investors and corporate stakeholders.
Companies providing the best eight solutions increase their visibility through international media exposure and will meet potential partners carefully selected from our wide-ranging network at a dedicated matchmaking event. Additional benefits include professional coaching by the PwC team and participation at a European level event in cybersecurity, namely, Cybersecurity Week Luxembourg 2018.
The Most Promising Solution Award will be conferred by the Jury to the candidate that demonstrates excellence at all levels, from strategy to execution. The audience will also have the chance to vote for the most captivating solution through the People's Choice Award.
Selected finalists to pitch at PwC Cybersecurity Day
At the pitching competition on the PwC Cybersecurity Day, a jury of experts representing the market and industry will evaluate each solution presented by the pitching companies based on the criteria of solution relevance, solution quality, leadership potential and values. For more details we have created a dedicated page on our website.
The winners of the Most Promising Solution Award and the People's Choice Award will be announced at the Award ceremony during the gala dinner on the same day (18 October) within the framework of the Cybersecurity Week Luxembourg
Vincent Villers concluded: “We are excited about offering this opportunity to companies to showcase their cybersecurity solutions and potentially find investors or public and private partners. This is essential to our approach to improve and accelerate the digital trust of organisations.”
The Cybersecurity Day 2018
Helping CEOs and CISOs understand the cybersecurity challenges as they emerge is precisely the motivation behind our Cybersecurity Forum, the third edition of which will be held on 18 October. This event continues in the tradition of stirring exchanges and debates with the aim of:
- Fostering strategic partnerships between private and public actors to understand global cybersecurity issues;
- Bringing together international IT specialists and experts to discuss the operational and organisational issues facing organisations, as well as share best practices and feedback;
- Promoting innovation in the field of cybersecurity by building bridges between technological companies and their innovative solutions and investors;
- Fully signing up – PwC Luxembourg is a founding member – in Cybersecurity Week organised in Luxembourg, which aims to position the Grand Duchy as a European cybersecurity hub. As a testimony to our commitment to the topic of cybersecurity we are acting as sponsor for Luxembourg Cybersecurity Week.
Companies can apply online for a chance to present their solutions by 15 July 2018 on www.cybersecurityday.lu.
Notes to the editor:
1. PwC Luxembourg (www.pwc.lu) is the largest professional services firm in Luxembourg with 2,850 people employed from 77 different countries. PwC Luxembourg provides audit, tax and advisory services including management consulting, transaction, financing and regulatory advice. The firm provides advice to a wide variety of clients from local and middle market entrepreneurs to large multinational companies operating from Luxembourg and the Greater Region. The firm helps its clients create the value they are looking for by contributing to the smooth operation of the capital markets and providing advice through an industry-focused approach.
2. At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. Find out more and tell us what matters to you by visiting us at www.pwc.comand www.pwc.lu.
Communications & Media Relations , PwC Luxembourg
Tel: +352 49 48 48 5821