of Luxembourg organisations report being victims of economic crime.
of Luxembourgish companies expect cybercrime to be the most disruptive to their organisation in the next 24 months, followed by money laundering and tax fraud.
of Luxembourgish companies perform cyber-security due diligence during the acquisition process.
In PwC's 2018 Global Economic Crime and Fraud Survey, "only" 49% of global organisations said they'd been a victim of fraud and economic crime. However, we know this number should be much higher. So, what about the other 51%?
The reality is, too few companies are fully aware of the fraud risks they face. That's why this year's Global Economic Crime and Fraud Survey, gathering valuable data from more than 7,200 respondents across 123 different territories, aims to pull fraud out from the shadows - and shed much-needed light on some of the most important strategic challenges confronting every organisation. In Luxembourg we had 72 participants, mostly coming from the Financial Sector for obvious reasons.
In this publication, we provide data and analysis of Luxembourgish respondents to help you assess the risks to which your business is exposed relative to the global context.
In Luxembourg, as a major financial centre, the majority of our respondents are subject to Anti-Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CTF) regulations at both the local and international levels. This explains why AML and the related tax topics score very high as a main topic of concern in Luxembourg.
Partner, Forensic Services and Financial Crime Leader, PwC Luxembourg
Tel: +352 49 48 48 4153